Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
It is best known as OCD. It starts during childhood or teenage years. There have been several cases of OCD noticed at the age of 19. In India numbers are growing fast every year. It equally strikes both the genders. The disorder can run in families. The exact cause of OCD is still not clear. Researchers are trying to find out whether surroundings and stressors can trigger it.
OCD is an anxiety disorder, characterised by unwanted thoughts that are uncontrollable and repetitive behaviour that is compelled to be performed. With the fear of something wrong taking place, one is forced to do repetitive actions such as checking the gas many times to ensure it is turned off, washing hands repeatedly due to the fear of germs etc.
- Fear of being affected by germs or other things
- Fear of causing harm to yourself
- Unpleasant thoughts on sexual harassment
- Extreme attention to rituals and religion
- Living in fear that the wished thing cannot be achieved
- Believe in supernatural things
Due to obsession:
- Excessive double-checking behaviour is noticed such as checking locks, switches and gas.
- Checking repeatedly for the loved ones to ensure they are safe
- Involved in not very meaningful things to get control on anxiety
- Repeating certain words
- Involved in washing and cleaning
- Collecting junk or old things
Patients who have such signs or symptoms can contact Tulasi Home. We are committed to provide the right diagnosis and treatment for any type of mental disorder under the observation of some of India’s highly professional psychiatrists and doctors.
The patient’s history and mental status are analysed to reach a diagnosis of whether or not he/she is suffering from OCD.
We try to get control over the obsessive thoughts of the patient through medication. Anti-anxiety and anti-depressants medications are prescribed. When the patient is on medication, we keep an eye on its behaviour to notice the signs of any side effects and improvements.
When symptoms are showing improvement, psychotherapy is started, best known as (CBT) Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Our special team of psychiatrists teaches patients with OCD, how to feel less anxious and develop other ways of thinking and behaving. Therapy is started which is best known as exposure and response prevention to provide great relief from OCD. Meditation, yoga, dance and music are also part of psychotherapy to improve the lives of patients with OCD.
So, don’t wait. Contact us to get the best quality obsessive compulsive disorder treatment in India, talk to our psychiatrists. We promise to keep your identity under wrap. Don’t hesitate.